1,4-Chlorobenzene, 1,2-Dibromoethane, 0-Dichlorobenzene, 1,4-Dichlorobenzene, 1,2-Dichloroethane, 1,2 Diphenylhydrazine, 3-Hydroxyphenol, Antimony Pentachloride, Arsenic Compounds, Asbestos*, Benzene, Beryllium Compounds, Cadmium Compounds, Carbon Tetrachloride**, Chlorinated Ethers, Chlorofluoro Carbons**, Chloroform, Chloropicrin, Chromium Compunds, Cyanide compounds, Diethyl Sulfate, Ethylene Dibromide, Ethylene Oxide, Glutaraldehyde, Formaldehyde, Halons**, Hexachlorobenzene, Hexachloroethane, Hydraxide, Lead Compounds, MBT (2(3H)-Benzothiazolethione), Mercaptan, Perchloromethyl, Mercury compounds, Methyl Chloride, Methylenechloride, Mirex, Pentachlorophenol, Perchloroethylene, Phenic Acid, Phosgene, Phthalic Anhydride, Polybrominated Biphenyls, Polychlorinated Biphenyls*, 1,1,1-Trichloroethane**, Trichloroethylene, Tributyltin, Selenium, and Vinyl Chloride
*Asbestos, Cyanide Compounds, Mercury Compounds and Polychlorinated Biphenyls were included in the previous PCL under DENR Administrative Order No. 95-58 but are now subject to the Chemical Control Order (CCO) under their respective DAOs
**Trichloroethane, Chlorofluoro Carbons and Halons belong to the CCO for Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS)
- Legal Basis
- Import Permit / Clearance / Certification
Legal Basis is given to the Environment Management Bureau to regulate this commodity via DENR AO 2005-27.
- 1. Priority Chemical List Compliance Certificate
- 2. Chemical Control Order Registration
- 3. Chemical Control Order Importation Clearance (note: no more importation clearance is issued for PCBs and equipments containing PCBs greater than or equal to 2ppm)
- 4. Pre-Manufacture and Pre-Importation Notification (PMPIN) Compliance Certificate
- 5. Small Quantity Importation Clearance
Priority Chemical List Compliance Certificate
- 1. Application form (Template can be downloaded from www.emb.gov.ph chemical management ).
- 2. Notarized Annual Report Form (Template can be downloaded from www.emb.gov.ph chemical management ).
- 3. Material Safety Data Sheet/Safety Data Sheet (ISO or GHS format)
- 4. DENR Identification Number as Hazardous Waste Generator
- 5. Environmental Compliance Certificate
- 6. Discharge Permit
- 7. Permit to Operate for APCD and/or APSI
- 8. Summary of Importation Data (for importers)
- 9. Chemical Management Plan (includes storage, handling, disposal, transport, Safety and health requirements and environmental controls at the workplace).
- 10. Management Operation Flow Chart (Process flow on the usage of the chemical)
- 11. Contingency/Emergency Plan (includes response procedure on spills, contact, inhalation, ingestion, transport, fire, etc.)
- 12. List of Users/Customers with corresponding projected/required volume. (for importer/distributor).
- 13. Groundwater/Surface Water Monitoring Results (for user/manufacturer)
- 14. Self Monitoring Report (for user/manufacturers)
- 15. Photos of the storage facility/warehouse (photo showing the chemical container and chemical labeling, view of the interior of the storage area, safety equipments, if any).
- 16. Basic knowledge posed by the use and release of the chemical (e.g. photocopy of training certificate of PCO related to Chemicals, Safety, Environment and/or training attendance of employees relating to chemical management, safety and environment. Include the number of employees handling the chemical.
Procedure for securing Priority Chemical List (PCL) Compliance Certificate
This Certificate is processed and issued at the DENR-EMB Central Office.
- 1. Applicant submits application form with requirements to the Chemical Management Section (CMS)
- 2. Environmental Quality Division-Chemical Management Section (EQD-CMS) screens and checks completeness of Application Form including the required requirements and if complete, Cashier Section receives payment and issues receipt for PCL Compliance Certificate
- 3. Records Division receives document and forwards to EQD-CMS
- 4. EQD-CMS receive submitted documents, requires additional information and conduct on-site inspection, if necessary and recommends issuance of the Certification.
- 5. Office of the Director approves and issues PCL Compliance Certificate
- 6. EQD-CMS releases the PCL Compliance Certificate.
- 1. Priority Chemical List (PCL) , Chemical Control Order (CCO) and Small Quantity Importation (SQI) 20-25 working days upon submission of complete documentary requirements
- 2. Pre-Manufacture and Pre-Importation Notification (PMPIN) Compliance Certificate 90 working days upon submission of complete documentary requirements
- PCL – Php500.00
- CCO Registration - Php2,250.00
- CCO Importation - Php700.00
- PMPIN Abbreviated - Php2,150.00
- PMPIN Detailed - Php3,750.00
- SQI – Php500.00
EMMANUELITA D. MENDOZA
OIC-Chief Chemical Management Section
Technical Staff Chemical Management Section
|CHEMICAL MANAGEMENT SECTION
2nd Floor Air Quality Management Training Center Building
DENR Compound, Visayas Avenue
Diliman Quezon City